Friday, January 9, 2009

Silly, Silly, Silly!!!

So we FINALLY got the internet back at our house... we had a girl move out and she took it with her... now it's here to stay!!! Now I get to try to back date and inform as much as possible... Hang on... this could be FUN! It's a new year! Often times at the start of a new year we like to reflect on the year that just FLEW by, literally. In order to save space and time I will just highlight a few of the MANY events that took place in 2008. Started the last semester of my undergrad in Jan (the good old days when school was enjoyable and EASY!!!) I turned 26 in Feb (this kind of a sad and depressing one) I applied for the Master of Counseling Program in March and was invited back for an interview (NERVE RACKING) I had my actual interview for the program in April and received and ACCEPTANCE LETTER one week later (Whew, I made it in!!!) I loved April because this was the month that my sweet nephew was born ( I LOVE and ADORE HIM!!!) May I graduated from ISU (YAY!!!) and decided to start looking for a house to buy (Found one that I LOVE) Took my CADC test in June and passed (Whew, once again!) June closed on my home (STILL LOVE IT!) July moved into my new home (HAPPY DAY!) August started the hardest and most trying semester of my life (It's a miracle... I MADE it!!!)I also got my puppy, Oggie in August to help me deal and cope with life (he may have made it harder in the beginning;)) The rest of the months are kind of a blur... I remember that I finished my HARDEST semester and had a great Christmas with my family!!! 2008, it was GREAT!!! Now its the new year with new challenges and adventures awaiting me... oh dear, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right??? I was able to get my practicum set up at Pacific Rim Counseling... They are even going to pay me because I have my CADC... What a blessing! School starts on Monday... I feel very afraid but also know that fear and faith can not abide in the same heart at the same time (Heather taught me that one while I was on the mission, thanks Heather!!!) I also know that the reason I am so fearful is because often times I try to do everything by myself. If I wanna survived the next year and a half I am going to have to have more faith, kicking out the fear, trusting and relying on my Father in Heaven and the angels he sends me more often. My hope is that I can do that. That I can be more faithful and less fearful this year. Accomplishing all that my Father in Heaven has in store for me with help from Him and His angels... With God ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!

2 comments:

Heide Gentry-Kemp said...

Hey!!
Sounds like this last year has been a very busy one. Ha ha I hope that all is well and I have you on my blog list so not sure why you cant get through but maybe this will help. Miss ya Heide

Burke family said...

Wow! What a crazy year, huh? But you survived and now you're that much stronger. You can do it!