Sunday, May 17, 2009

Update on my goals for this summer...

I made it to Lagoon, yesterday, and I had so much fun!!! As soon as I get some pictures I will post them so you all can see how much fun I have been having... even though I still have summer school (boooooo!), I have made SURE to make time to have FUN!!! I left for Salt Lake City on Friday and met my past roommate and great friend Brooke. We went to Miss Saigon, a play which was a little racy but sooooo good, and stayed the night in the Red Lion hotel. My good friend who served in the same mission as me, Carlos, met us at the hotel. We were gonna go clubbing but it got too late too fast. Probably a good thing cuz I might have been too sleepy to get up the next morning to go to breakfast with Brooke and Carlos... SOOOOO MUCH FUN!!! Then we (Brooke and I) went to LAGOON!!! We met my brother, Ryan, sister-n-law, Jamie, and some of their friends there. We had such a great time!!!! I loved all of the rides, got soaked on the log flume, raced in the go carts and smashed my brother in the bumper cars. I was laughing so hard and could not even breathe at times. I haven't had so much fun in such a long time. We went back to the hotel and the next morning we got up and went to the Living Traditions Cultural celebration. I loved every minute of it! I saw so many people from so many different cultures, their dances and their crafts and talents. It was amazing!!! The guy who was collecting money for the parking lot saw the plates on my car and let me in for free... he said he couldn't charge me because I was from Pocatello... Blessings come in all shapes, sizes and forms... Life is sooo great! As for my other goals I have been playing softball for a couple of weeks now. We have won both of our games and have had a great time!!! I have been cooking more often at home and reading more from the Book of Mormon! I will continue to work on meeting all of my goals... and report on my progress, or lack thereof... we shall see :)

4 comments:

Heather B said...

Fun! Good to see Carlos, huh? He's such a character. Good job with your goals!

maynardmoments said...

I am so glad you have been having some fun. You trip to Lagoon sounded great. Next time I am in Pocatello, we will have to hang out. I sure miss you.

Burke family said...

Good for you! I'm glad you are making time for fun in your busy schedule.

Lisa Robinson said...

Your yard DOES look amazing!! Good job on that! Congrats on all the new opportunities!! I know you will do great at them!!! I LOVE YOU!!