Sunday, June 28, 2009

It's OFFICIAL!!!

Due to all of the texts, phone calls and facebook messages that I have been receiving, I thought it was time to post and announce that it is OFFICIAL!!! That's right! My SERIOUS CRUSH on Al has evolved and grown into LOVE. As a natural result of falling in LOVE, Al and I are getting married on August 22nd, 2009. I have NEVER felt so good and right about anything else in my life besides going on a mission! Al and I have been dating for almost 3 months now. We have talked about marriage a few times, but me being the stubborn and SLOW mover that I am, never gave an answer as to how and what I felt. I wanted to be SURE before I said ANYTHING!!! After counseling with my trainer from the mission field, she has always been such an inspiration and support to me, as well as meeting and counseling with my Bishop and OF COURSE spending much time with my Father in Heaven in sincere prayer and meditation, I was able to receive some direction and inspiration. I decided to make a decision, that I WAS GOING TO MARRY AL, and asked Heavenly Father to please stop me if that was not the right thing for me in my life at this time. A peace and warmth washed over me last Sunday that has not left since. I knew and now know that I received my answer.
How GRATEFUL I am for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and all of the structure, stability and strength that it brings into my life. I am grateful for LOVE!!! Never in my life did I imagine that it would be as wonderful as it is. I have had many roommates move on to the next step in their lives and I always said, "I'm not gonna be like that!" Well... I am like 'that' and I love it!!! Today my roomy caught me counting how many days till August 22nd, I promised that I wouldn't do that again... or at least let her know about it ;) my home teachers are here now... I'll post more later!!!

15 comments:

Matt and Kelli said...

Yay!! I get to be the first comment. Congrats Shan! Kelli I and I am so excited for you! I told you that your patience would pay off!! Love ya!

ccccmcrosby said...

so happy to hear the news! where will the wedding be?

Unknown said...

shannon! YAY, congratulations, I'm so happy for you :-)

Anna McDaniel said...

OOOOhhhh a wedding!!! You have to keep updating us!! Let me know when you want adresses, cause I definetley want an invitation!!

Shantal and Alofaaga Laulu said...

Awwww gosh guys!!!! Thank you SOOOO much for your love and support!!! It's the Idaho Falls Temple ( I hope, it's closed right now so I hope they aren't all booked up when I call to reserve a spot) and it's 8-22-09. I'm not sure about anything else but I KNOW I GOT THE RIGHT GUY ;) he is soooo WONDERFUL!!!
I LOVE YOU.... AND ALOFAAGA ;)

Lisa Robinson said...

Shantal! You are such a beautiful and amazing woman! I love you so much and I am so excited you found the love of your life!! I am so excited to hear more! Congrags!!!

Burke family said...

Woo hoo! Shan I'm so happy for you! You're going to be the best little wife and mother. And you definitely deserve to be loved and taken care of. I'm just so excited for you! :)

Jenny Goretsky said...

Shan I'm so excited for you! Congratulations on snagging a good one! Will you be staying in Poky after the wedding or are you moving to Utah? YAY!!!! HOORAY for LOVE!

Joanna Barrett said...

YAY!!!! You deserve the best Shan, because you are the best!! he is one lucky man! we need more details though--where did you meet, the engagement...? You know all the mooshy details! I'm here if you need any help at all! And one last thing...I hope I wasn't one of those roomates you didn't want to be like when I was engaged.

Darci and Ryan said...

Yeah!!! I am so excited for you ! You are one amazing girl and only deserve the same in return. Congrats!!!

maynardmoments said...

Oh, I am soooo happy for you! Enjoy every minute of being engaged, it is the best. I love you.

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Shan!!!! I'm so happy for you! I'm so glad that someone snatched you up! You are so good and kind and generous. He is one LUCKY guy! I'm happy that you're so happy. It makes me smile! :-)

Heather B said...

WOW!!!!! ENGAGED! Yahoo I am soo happy that you got such a clear answer. That is just wonderful. The countdown is ON!!!!

Michael and Julie said...

woot woot! congrats girl! you deserve the best!

Heide Gentry-Kemp said...

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you!!!