Friday, April 15, 2011

Grateful

Alofa, Toa and I had an opportunity to go to Shannon and Eugene's baby blessing. Awesome!! As we attending that sacred meeting, I had a lot of thoughts run through my mind about the importance of parenthood and the awesome responsibility that comes with it. I thought about teaching Toa to be a good, righteous member of society and how to go about doing that. There was a man in the congregation from Australia who stood up to share his testimony. My heart was very touched by his words. He was a convert to the church and had come to Idaho to visit the missionary who served in Australia and taught him the gospel. My thoughts immediately turned to the missionaries who taught me and how my life has changed forever because of the sacrifices that they made to come to Idaho to find me and to teach me about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and the blessings that allows me to enjoy if I am obedient and faithful. I will be FOREVER grateful to them for the precious knowledge that they shared with me.

I then thought about the opportunity that I had to serve a full time mission as well as all of the people and experiences that I was able to have that have solidified my testimony of the restoration of the fullness of the gospel and prepared me in so many ways to be a wife and mother. I am so grateful for those 18 months. I am a better person for having had those experiences and meeting the wonderful people who I still LOVE and respect more than words could express.


Finally, my thoughts turned to my sweet baby Toa and the responsibility that I have to teach him and prepare him to serve the Lord in whatever ways the Lord has prepared for him. I thought about how grateful I am for a faithful husband who LOVES the Lord and is willing to serve in any way that he can. I am so thankful that I share the responsibility of raising a righteous and faithful son of God with such an amazing man. I love my boys so much! I have been so blessed! I just hope that I can be the best wife and mother that I am capable of being.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Shan, you're awesome. :) Thanks for the great thoughts!

Lisa & Aukuso said...

I just went to a fireside last night about how missionary work changes people's lives, from all aspects. You basically just summed up his hour long talk. Thanks for sharing and bringing the Spirit to the middle of my work day.

Shannon Mariner said...

Isn't that Australian amazing? Man, I could listen to him for hours. And if you had more time to talk with him and hear his whole conversion story its just amazing. You are amazing shan! And your handsome boys, looked so sharp that day! I love ya and appreciated you coming to share that day with us!