Wednesday, July 25, 2012

4th of July 2012

This year for the 4th of July, we got up early and made a pancake, sausage and egg breakfast and them got ready to go to the parade. SO MUCH FUN!!! Holidays get more fun every year as our kids get a little bit more excited for the festivities!
I love how Siaosi is adoringly looking at his brother!!

Alofa getting Toa all buckled in for the walk to the parade!!

Waiting to start the walk to the park :)

Toa running around the park as we waited for the parade to start
Alofa wanted to make sure Toa didn't miss a thing so he put him on his shoulders and kept him there through out the whole parade. Toa felt pretty special and was able to see everything!
Alofa with Toa on his shoulders
Siaosi fell asleep and slept for most of the parade.  Such as sweet little boy!
Sweet sleeping baby Si!
Toa loved the motorcycles the most! He would clap as they rode by and when there was music he would start dancing on Alofa's shoulders. He loved the parade!! It was so fun to see him get so excited and point at everything as they passed by!
Toa clapping!!

Like father, like son!! :)
My mom with Siaosi and Alofa
After the parade, we came home and took a nap :) later we had my mom, Aunt Carrie, Tanya, Alex, Savana and Cam over for a bbq. It was a ton of fun and the food was great. 
Toa and Cam in the pool

Siaosi just chilling in the shade :)

Cam and Toa loving the watermelon

Alex, Alofa and Siaosi

Siaosi's 4th of July meal ;)

Siaosi's first time trying watermelon :)

He didn't like it so much!! Hahahahahahaha!! Another one of his silly faces!!

Playing in the dirt!! Boys will be boys!!

Bless this dirty little boy's heart ;)

Hoping they wash some of the dirt off before they get in the bath tub.
While I was in the bath room bathing the boys, Alofa came running into the house and said that my mom was having a seizure. It was so scary!! The ambulance came and took her to the E.R. to make sure she was ok.  She was there for a while and then was released.  When I came home, Toa was sleeping. I was disappointed because I wanted to watch Toa watch the fireworks so being the mean mom that I am, I went and woke him up!! I know!! NEVER wake a sleeping baby, but I did any ways!! At first I couldn't get him to open his eyes. I handed him to Uncle Ryan and he was trying to sleep on his shoulder.  I am not sure how Toa saw it, but he must of seen a firework off in the distance and sat right up, pointing to where the fireworks came from!! He was wide awake then!! It was sooo funny! I thought he would LOVE the fireworks, but I was WAY WRONG!!
Uncle Ryan, Aunty Jamie and Toa

Momma and Toa waiting for Daddy to start lighting the fireworks
At first Toa was ok with watching the fireworks from behind the fence. 
Watching the fireworks from behind the fence

So I took him outside of the  fence and this is what his reaction was!! He was sooo scared and wanted nothing to do with them!! He watched for a while but I ended up taking him back in the house and putting him back to bed. He fell right asleep :)
So afraid of the fireworks!!
After Toa went to sleep, Alofa, Ryan, Jamie, Savana, Trevin and Cam finished watching the rest of the fireworks. Then I went right to bed... SO, SO, SO tired!! Overall it was a great 4th of July!! We are so thankful for this country, those who keep this country free and all the blessings that we enjoy!!

No comments: