Wednesday, March 19, 2008

SO..... Guess What?!?!

These past five days have been some of the LONGEST days of my life as I have been waiting to know about whether or not I got accepted into the Master of Counseling Program at Idaho State University. I have been going back and forth in my mind, thinking of what my reaction would be either way. I even had a dream last night that I didn't get in and I woke up crying and traumatized. It's been a pretty crazy week, to say the least!
So today while I was in staff meeting at work I got a text message from my roommate, Melissa, saying that I needed to come home NOW because my letter had come. I couldn't leave so I texted her back and told her to open the letter and tell me what it said. She texted me back and told me that she wouldn't do it because she felt like I should do it. I told her that I could not wait that long to know and I wanted her to open it NOW! We texted back and forth a few times arguing about it. I finally told her that she was KILLING me and I needed to know. She then texted me back after what seemed like an eternity and told me that I GOT IN!!! Yep! That's right! I was accepted to the Master of Counseling program (Mental Health Counseling)at Idaho State University. It was all that I could do to not jump up in middle of my staff meeting and start screaming and jumping up and down out of pure excitement! I almost started crying because I was so dang excited! I'll be honest, I got super misty! I told my colleagues and we all went to lunch at Buddy's! It was delish!

I really am so humbled and thankful for this opportunity! I thank my Father in Heaven for this opportunity to further my education and better cultivate and develop my talents. I look forward to what the next two years have in store for me with much anticipation!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I KNEW YOU WOULD GET IN, I AM SO HAPPY AND EXCITED FOR YOU. IT WILL BE A LOT OF WORK, BUT YOU ARE SO AWESOME AND CAN DO IT!!! YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT--YOU ARE DEFINITELY READY!
JEN

Harris said...

Shan- That is so exciting!! Congrats. That is an awesome opportunity and you will do great.. Good Job- all of your hard work will pay off. Love ya - Amber

Aubrie said...

WOOOWHOOO! That is sooo exciting! I am thrilled for you! Congrats!

Burke family said...

YEAH!! Congrats Shan! I never doubted it for a sec. THey would have been crazy not to accept you. You are going to do so awesome! I'm so happy for you!

Heather B said...

HOWIE, I AM SOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!! That is sa-weet! You are going to have a master's degree, and be the best counselor ever. I prayed for you and I am just so excited for you.