Monday, March 28, 2011

Get Ready...

So I have gone private with our blog. It was a decision that I have been waiting to make for a while now given the population that I work with and the concern that some of my less "stable" clients would get a hold of some of the personal information (which would be DISASTROUS!) When I saw one of my good friends decide to do it, I decided that it was time for us to do the same thing too. It seems as if I have been some what reserved with what I post on the blog due to EVERYONE (even some of the less stable clients I referred to earlier) being able to see it but as I have thought more and more about the purpose of our blog I realized that it is great opportunity to keep a somewhat detailed record of our lives and eventually turn it into a book!! I get pretty excited at the thought of that!! So I finally made the decision and here we are... a PRIVATE blog. I feel good about the decision. I plan to post some of the more personal experiences and thoughts that I have on a more regular basis. For example: About 2 weeks ago Toa woke up and his bed was all sweaty from him BURNING up. I took his temperature and it was 102.6!!! I was pretty worried and I just knew something wasn't right even though others told me that it was probably just a little fever from him teething. I had a feeling, a prompting from the Holy Ghost. I decided to take him to the Dr. and when we got there he was all smiling, happy and had NO fever (the fever had gone down since I had given him some Tylenol). I was so worried that I was worried for no reason and the Dr. would think I had lost my mind. The Dr. found that he had the startings of an ear infection and that we had caught it early. I was very relieved that the Dr. found out what was going on and that he caught if before Toa was in A LOT of pain, that would have KILLED me to see my baby any worse than he already was!! They gave us some medicine and we were off to our home where I could stay home and take care of my sick little boy all day, just cuddling him and loving him the whole time. The next day he just didn't feel good. I could tell because he just would not eat, and that is NOT like Toa, he eats ALL of the time!!! Around 7 p.m. that night he was just the saddest little boy and I couldn't help by cry with him. Then it dawned on me. I had prayed my heart out that Toa would feel better but I hadn't asked Alofa to give him a blessing yet. Alofa got dressed in his Sunday best and gave our little boy the sweetest, most heart felt blessing. My eyes and my heart overflowed!! As soon as Alofa uttered the last words to his blessing Toa fell asleep for about an hour and then woke up and ATE!! Oh boy did he eat!!! My worried little heart was calmed by the Spirit and priesthood power that my righteous husband was able to exercise. I am so thankful for the gospel in my life. For the strength, the direction and the stability that it provides for me and my family. I am thankful for my sweet husband who holds and honors the priesthood. I don't know what I did to deserve him but I would do it all over again a million times. I am thankful that Heavenly Father trusts me enough to be a mother to one of his precious spirits. I hope to become the wife and mother both of them deserve, I know I am no where close to where I need to be but I will keep pressing forward, looking to My Heavenly Father and Savior for direction.

The title of this post is "Get Ready" because many more posts are on the way, even though they might be out of order, they are still on the way!

3 comments:

Lisa & Aukuso said...

I love to read other people's testimonies and spiritual moments. Thanks for sharing. Check us out at www.aionofamily.blogspot.com

btw...CUTE baby boy. How fun that he WON! Nothin cuter than an afatasi baby.

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud and so extremely happy for you and your beautiful family, Shantal! I'm so impressed with your love of life and family. It's wonderful being married in the Temple and having your family sealed to you forever and having a great man who honors his priesthood.

Shannon Mariner said...

Okay I just read this post. I loved it. What a great man Alofa is, and what a great wife he has behind him. Sweet little Toa, glad he was healed.