Sunday, September 2, 2007

School has started....

So, Last time I mentioned my little mishap with the USB cable that I use to connect my camera and my pictures to the computer... I STILL haven't been able to get a new one, not because I can't find one but rather because I haven't had time enough to go get one! With school starting and everything that is going on it has been somewhat difficult to get used to the new schedule that I now have to live with, it will get better, with time, I am sure! Church was so amazing today! I love fast and testimony Sunday and the strength that we can gain from others as they share their testimonies with us. I had the opportunity to teach in Relief Society today, I taught about the strength, courage and direction that comes from knowing that we are children of a Loving Heavenly Father who knows us and has a plan for each of us. As one starts to get up in age and doesn't see much growth or progression in their lives one would start to think that Heavenly Father must be too busy working miracles in the lives of others to pay much attention in their life. I must confess that as I have started to get older, I have started to fall into this thinking error. It has taken much prayer and study of the gospel to help me bring myself out of the pit I felt as if I had fallen into. As I look back on the past 25 years of my life I can see the hand of my Father in Heaven in every decision that I have made, that He truly has led me, guided me and directed my life. The question then is why is it that now I begin to doubt His love and concern for me. I guess that the past few years have just been a great trial of my Faith in more ways than one, I guess that is how life goes... Ether 12:6 "And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." 1st Peter 1:7-9 "That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls." I know that I should doubt not because I see not, it is something that I am working on, "Help thou mine unbelief". Things really are good, I cannot complain and I hope that this post does not sound as if I am. I know that I have been blessed in so many ways, I guess I just struggle with not being content with the things that have been allotted unto me... Life is good though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://easysite.com/mcdfamily

Hey Shani!!
Here is my family web page so you can check it out!! Thank you so much for hanging out with me the other night at the concert, I had soooo much fun with you and Sarah! You gals are awesome!!